Monday 7 March 2011

Potty Training Day #1

Well, potty training is well underway at our house today. My daughter is nearly 22 months old and showing some key "readiness" signs. I figure, why not! I'm pregnant with our second so it would be nice to have Miss Ella trained by the time August rolls around ;)

This is how our day is going so far...

We woke up, took off her bottom clothes and took a seat on the potty. We had a successful pee and jumped for joy!! I set the timer for 15 minutes and let her walk around without any bottoms. I've been asking her a lot if she needs to "peepee" or "poopoo" and each time I get "NOoooo!" HAHA! (I think she's starting to get annoyed with me! lol). I started feeling uneasy with her not having any undies on, since she wants to still play and what not. After she tried riding her toy horsey I decided to put some panties back on! Then, it happened... "the accident!". All of a sudden she started peeing! On the floor and through her panties! She didn't quite know what to make of what was happening, and all I could do was laugh!! Since then we've had a couple more "accidents" but that's ok. It's only day one and still early in the day. I know as the day and week progress we'll have our ups and downs but the key (so I'm told) to all this is, "don't get discouraged!"

2 comments:

  1. My son is 2 1/2 and we're working on the potty training. He doesn't seem to be getting it but I'm not pushing it. Everyone tells me they'll go when they're ready, so I'm being pretty casual about the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I just potty trained my daugther. She will be two tomorrow. It took her 6 days to be potty trained. I took advantage of the week in our spring break to potty train her. She even wears panties at night. No pull ups and no outings for 4 days. The first 4 days she had accidents left and right but then finally on the 6th day she told me each time that shee she needed to go. I would reward her a sticker each time she went to rr. We even have a song and dance each time she goes to rr. Went she went back to school this past week her teachets were amazed she had learned so fast. The trick is I think just use underwears, stay home for at least 4 day, and reward them. They learn fast!!!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete